Friday, July 9, 2010

Its been too LONG

Oh my goodness. Have I let half a year pass me by without posting anything??

Life sucks. So here's what I'll do. I'll make a little happy collage of what I've been up to and serve it as a PHOTO sum up of well... What I've been up to.

First up,

BIRTHDAY CAKES! For MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY

IN very random order:

Rebecca's Lemon Meringue Cake, based on my cupcakes!

First you split the cake,
Then you slap on the lemon curd .






Then like an obsessed monkey, you do it again!!






Then, unlike an obsessed monkey, you slap on the 7 minute MERINGUE frosting.

Finally, like a monkey armed with a blow torch, you SET FIRE TO THE CAKE! *cue evil mechanical laugh* If only all fires set by monkeys end up being this pretty or tasty.


Next, Naresh's Bailey's sour cream cake with rum and Bailey's fudge. TOPPED with 80% dark Lindt Chocolate and made with dark chocolate covuture.



NOW, FUN WITH FONDANT!

JOANNA'S ORANGE SUGEE with Marzipan MERMAID CAKE


ADAM'S THOMAS, SPENCER AND HENRY CAKE
TRIPPLE CHOCOLATE WITH STRAWBERRY JAM.

All the chocolate and jam would explain why the Thomas and friends aged very quickly
The trains were made of butter cake.


Next, for a 22 yr old child, aka the GORILLA

A DOMOKUN SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE WITH GANACHE
The holes are from the candles. The mouth is made of Fondant and the eyes are chocolate buttons. The white spots on Domo's mouth are candle wax. No wonder DOMO is ARGHING.

How about saying Happy Birthday with Tripple Chocolate CUPCAKES?



Now that we are done with birthdays, lets move on to random baked goods.

CUPCAKES GALORE

Red velvet cupcakes... The photo doesn't do it justice but trust me, it was really red....




OREO CUPCAKES- DECORATED THREE WAYS

LITTLE FLOWER POTS

Little flower pots! With marshmallow petals and crushed oreos for dirt.


TOP HATS

Just a plain old Oreo sitting on a bed of creamy white vanilla frosting

Then it as 
DEATH BY OREO
I tried to make them look like little grave yards.. With the crushed Oreos as dirt and the mini Oreo as a tombstone.

FINALLY, THE INSIDES!



A light vanilla cake topped with crushed Oreos, vanilla frosting, chunks of Oreos and finally topped with a whole oreo at the bottom. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM


One Triple Chocolate Cupcake decorated prettily and standing alone. At this point, I like to point out I make tonnes of unique and exciting flavours but EVERYONE loves the Triple Chocolate..





              And finally, the savouries. I know, I know, its normally the mains first then the sweets bt I am what I am. DON'T JUDGE ME.

And now, a meal I planned for the Gorilla!

Another English Roast but different.

CHEESE STICKS DONE RIGHT!!



Then Baby Roast Potatoes



A classic, TOAD IN A HOLE..


 

Its actually Yorkshire Pudding baked with sausages...I followed Jamie Oliver's twist and added a few sprigs of fresh rosemary. It was a semi fail as I underestimated how much batter I needed but it was really delicious...



Then came the Wine and Chocolate FONDUE


So its Sparkling wine, Brown Brothers Zibibo( very affordable and sooo delicious), dark chocolate, white chocolate, strawberries and cherries.. A sweet finish.


So there you have it. My most recent baking exploits. There were more birthday cakes here and there and.. hang on,  I forgot all about these babies...



Sour Cream Chocolate Chip cookies



A crispy on the outside but soft and cake like on the inside cookie. MMMMM

There.DONE. I think. ENJOY. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment